Ultimate Reset: Round III, Day 1

I started day 1 of my 3rdround of Ultimate Reset yesterday.


The first round on 7/5/2012  was easy, breezy for me because:

1)      I LOVE a challenge

2)      I did it with a GROUP (about 15 others joined me)

3)      I knew it was good for me & that I SHOULD do it

4)      I reasoned with myself that it’s ONLY 21 days

The scound round at the end of October 2012, wasn’t as easy beause the only reason I was doing it was because I’d just had surgery. So I reasoned that I didn’t necessarily “need” to do it, since I’d just done it in July, but it seemed like the best thing to do to aid in a speedy healing process and beat the alternative – doing nothing and possibly gaining weight or getting off track. I am someone who likes to take on a challenge, conquer it, then cast it aside. So the second round was not as easy mentally to stick to it.

After I completed the 1st round, I vowed to doing at least 1 round of Ultimate Reset each year.

I’ve allowed life & stress & a bit of ego, (thinking I could maintain my results that came from hard work without putting in the same amount of effort) get me off track eating and exercise wise.

I do better when I am told exactly what to do.

I knew that Ultimate Reset would be a great thing for me to start NOW to get my health, weight, eating and mind back on track. This time my best friend and 4 others who have had health concerns and want to try this to see if it helps, as well as the added bonus of losing weight.
I had my cholesterol checked last week. It was higher now than it was the first time I started Ultimate Reset.


Sunday night, after Super Sunday & after I packed up all my foods for Monday (Lunch, Snack, Water & Supplements) I enjoyed 3 beers – My last beers for the next 21 days. (See the lovely snapshot my husband took.)


I set my alarm for 7:00 a.m. I had all of my supplements and a cup of distilled water sitting on my night stand. I took my supplements when the alarm went off. Laid back down, cuddled up with my husband. Got up about 20 minutes later. Weighed myself, then got ready for work.



At 7:40 a.m. I started my breakfast. I placed 2 handfuls of baby spinach & Kale in the steamer. Scrambled 2 eggs (fresh from our chickens we raise). Put 1 slice of 100% whole wheat bread in the toaster. In about 5 minutes it was done & I was sitting at the table eating.


The hardest part for me was going WITHOUT a mid-morning snack.
But I survived.

My 12:00 p.m. when I took my supplements, I had drank over 1/2 gallon of water & emptied my bladder more times than I could count!

I was really, really hungry by 12:30 p.m. My microgreen salad & miso soup took less than 5 minutes to prepare. Only one co-worker said something about how horrible it smelled, while another commented on how good it smelled. I forgot my seeds to put on my salad, but it was still delicious topped with my favorite dressing – Creamy Garlic Dressing.

Creamy Garlic Dressing

(this is my favorite one – I also add cilantro)


  • ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
  • 3 to 5 cloves crushed garlic
  • 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
  • ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbsp. unfiltered honey or raw agave nectar
Place all ingredients in blender and blend on medium high for 30 seconds or until well mixed. Store excess in airtight container in refrigerator. If dressing solidifies when cold, let sit at room temperature until liquid, then stir. Makes 8 to 10 servings.


  • 110 calories
  • 11 g fat
  • 1.5 g saturated fat
  • 0 mg cholesterol
  • 150 mg sodium
  • 2 g carbohydrate
  • 0 g fiber
  • 0 g protein
  • 12 mg potassium


 Before I knew it 3:30 rolled around and that meant it was time to drink the GREEN MONSTER (Alkanize)

These are the supplements that I am taking in week 1
• Optimize http://youtu.be/IXa1BxKJHug
• Alkalinize http://youtu.be/5dosiFhXenA
• Mineralize http://youtu.be/K_VpAsRLC3U

I survived! I’ve learned the key is to use the least amount of COLD water as possible and shake it, then chug it like a SHOT!


I counted down the minutes until SNACK time at 3:30 p.m.
I counted out 10 whole wheat crackers and enjoyed them with my 1 hard boiled egg!

I took my supplements on the drive home. This round is the first time I will have taken the newer supplement: Soothe.
By the time I got home at 5:30 p.m. I had a slight headache & felt really irritable. A lot could be that I am on overload with everything I am trying to juggle lately.
Dinner only took 25 minutes to prepare since my husband had marinated my salmon for me, before I got home. While it cooked, I prepped all my meals to pack for day 2.  Tonights dinner is one of my favorite: Farm raised (no-hormones) Salmond, Baby Red Potatoes & since I forgot asparagus, steamed broccoli. It was delish! I couldn’t eat it all!

I got the kitchen cleaned up, emailed back a few of my coaches and challengers, took a shower at 8:30 and we were in bed by 9:00 p.m.
One thing I remember about the first two rounds is that I was tired early and slept great.
Overall I would say that Round III, day 1 was a success.
Day 2 shall be interesting when it comes to dinner, since it is FIT Club night! (http://youtu.be/x51VOOdkfec)
Have you thought about giving it a try?

Message me for more info: min_in_texas@hotmail.com or www.facebook./com/coachmindyhord

Leave a Reply