Nowadays, it’s downright SPOOKY and SCARY to think of how unhealthy many of our lives are.
If you are a parent or have anyone who depends on your presence in their life, than your health and well being should be a high priority.
It is even SCARIER if you ever do your research and educate yourself on the types of foods that are available to us nowadays.
I myself do not go OVERBOARD when it comes to “healthy-eating”. I don’t deprive myself. I have cheat meals and definitely enjoy them. All things in moderation right?
So many of our foods that are sitting right there at eye level at our local grocery stores are GENETICALLY MODIFIED – Have you EVER heard of the term: GMO? (Here’s the “scientific” definition: Genetically modified foods are foods produced from organisms that have had specific changes introduced into their DNA using the methods of genetic engineering. They are created when a gene from one species is transferred to another, creating something that would not be found in nature. Sound healthy or appealing to you?)
GMOs are bad for your body, bad for the community, bad for farmers and bad for the environment. This is why:
- The health consequences of eating genetically modified organisms are largely unknown. Genetically engineered foods have not been shown to be safe to eat and may have unpredictable consequences. When trans-fats were first introduced, corporations battled to get them onto your grocery shelves – and it is only decades later that this once novel food has been proven to be extremely unhealthful. Many scientists are worried that the genetically altered foods, once consumed, may pass on their mutant genes to bacterium in the digestive system.How these new strains of bacteria may affect our body systems’ balance is anybody’s guess.
- Food items that contain GMOs are unlabeled in America. Why so sneaky? The European Union has banned GMOs, as have Australia, Japan, the UK and two dozen other countries that recognize that a lack of long term studies and testing may be hiding disastrous health defects.
- Genetic engineering reduces genetic diversity. When genes are more diverse, they are more robust; this is why a pure bred dog tends to have greater health problems than the dear old mutt. Plants with reduced genetic diversity cannot handle drought, fungus invasions or insects nearly as well as natural plants, which could have dire consequences for farmers and communities dependent on GMO crops for survival.
- Once the mutant genes are out of the bag, there is no going back.Genetically modified organisms contaminate existing seeds with their altered material, passing on modified traits to non-target species. This creates a new strain of plant that was never intended in the laboratory. In North Dakota, recent studies show that 80% of wild canola plants tested contained at least one transgene. In Japan, a modified bacteria created a new amino acid not found in nature; it was used in protein drinks and before it was recalled it cause severe mental and metabolic damage to hundreds as well as several deaths. Japan banned GMOs after this horrific experience. Monarch butterflies have also died after their favorite food, milkweed, was cross-pollinated from Bt corn which rendered it toxic to the endangered species.
- GMOs are not the answer for global food security. Genetically engineered crops have shown no increase in yield and no decrease in pesticide use. In many cases other farm technology has proven much more successful, and even Monsanto agrees that its genetically engineered crops yield less than conventional farming.
- Genetically engineered foods have not been proven to be safe, but the few studies conducted don’t look so hot. The organs of rats who ate genetically modified potatoes showed signs of chronic wasting, and female rates fed a diet of herbicide-resistant soybeans gave birth to stunted and sterile pups.
- Big biotech firms have very sketchy track records, but then again what would you expect from organizations who want to patent the world’s food supply? These massive biotech companies have a history of toxic contamination, deceiving the public and suing small farmers when their patented seeds blew across the fence. Biotech firms sell sterile seeds to African farmers- meaning the seeds are only good for one season, because the plants that grow up will not be able to reproduce. Farmers must buy new seeds every year instead of growing from the previous year’s yield. GMOs are not the farmers’ friend.
- GMOs require massive amounts of pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.These things are poisons, and should not be eaten or allowed to run off into our water supply. But they are, every day, by companies who care far more about the bottom line than they do about your health, your environment or your children’s future.
I used to roll my eyes when people used to talk about “ORGANIC” foods. I thought they were overly priced and that it was RIDICULOUS to spend that extra money.
Fast forward to TODAY. I have done my research. And chosen NOT to overcome my ignorance whenit came to foods and the health of myself AND my family. I have chosen NOT to live with my head in the sand when it comes to this!
Nowadays, the foods we eat and “live” off of contain ingredients that we cannot even pronounce or recognize as “FOOD” and our poor bodies cannot even process them.
Do you think it’s a coincidence that there are an increased number of people (some extremely young in age) who are suffering from things such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal issues and the list goes on? I hear of so many people who are under 40 who suffer from heart issues, strokes – things leading to young deaths.
Do you really think the foods we consume nowadays are not a contributing factor?
Foods that we feed our children are pumped full of artificial ingredient, preservatives, meats pumped full of hormones and antibiotics and the list of harmful things goes on.
Do you ever notice how you often feel sluggish, your body aches, you suffer from acid reflux, upset stomach, headaches, and have no energy to get thru the day?
Did you know that toxins build up in your body? Toxins that are picked up from the foods we eat, the water we drink, the air we breathe. This can back up and “clog” up your digestive track which prevents your body from absorbing any nutrients found in the foods you eat. So your body slows down. It stops operating properly. Nowadays the foods we consume are LOADED with calories that cause weight gain and bloating. However, the calories consumed carry little nutrients needed to keep a body healthy and thriving and functioning properly.
I remember before I started to drink Shakeology daily my body would hurt. I mean ache. I lived off of Tylenol and Advil. I always felt uncomfortable. I couldn’t sleep. 3-4 times a night I would take Tylenol PM just to sleep. My hands were always swollen. I craved bad foods. No matter how much I ate, I never felt satisfied. My belly was full, but my body was telling me it wasn’t getting enough. So I ate and ate and ate and ate. The worst part was that every afternoon from about 3-6 I experienced MAJOR fatigue. I would want to crawl underneath my desk and sleep.
How did Shakeology & eating clean (80-90% of the time) change all of this? It helped clean out my digestive track which allowed my body to start absorbing the nutrients from the nutritious foods that I was eating. Once my body started receiving the proper nutrients it started working more efficiently. Once I started getting the proper nutrients, my body no longer craved MORE food. I felt great for the first time in my adult life!
That reason right there is why I SHOUT from the rooftops about how much I LOVE Shakeology and this is why my husband & I have committed to drinking it DAILY for the REST of my life!
Oh yeah, and the fact that our family of 5 (kids aged 14, 9 and 3 1/2) have stayed healthy through TWO winters! Yes, that’s right! We have survived 2 cold/flu seasons! If you think Shakeology is “too expensive” – do the math on how much it costs to see a Doctor, for prescriptions and time off to stay at home caring for sick children!
I hear it all the time – “Shakeology is too expensive!”; “Why is it so damn expensive!?”
Have you EVER done the research on what is included with Shakeology or how it can improve your health and help you reach your weight loss goals more quickly? or did you just see the price tag and get STICKER shock and then decide you’d rather spend $5-10 on a meal at a restaurant, $20-30 on a new set of fake nails, $100+ on a new haircut/color, $20-40 on a bar tab, or $6-7 on a pack of cigarettes?
It all comes down to this: What is your TOP priority?!?
If you have COMMITMENT issues and are too terrified at the thought of committing to THIRTY days (it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee) then you can try a 7 day supply for ONLY $35.
The first week of Shakeology is so transformative. Check out Heather’s video to see how her body responded during her first 7 days on Shakeology! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5I2O4A9tVs&list=UUKMBDgXDMqw 4wQ-OzHEhlIQ&index=5&feature=plcp