March 3, 2014
I started preparing for Ryan, Rebel & I’s first ever 2,300 mile road trip from Washington, Texas to deliver a load of Blast Chambers to Madras, Oregon.
I pushed pause on P90X3 and will pick back up at Block 2 after we return from the 2014 Success Club Trip on the S.S. Beachbody to Grand Cayman/Cozumel.
I started the 21 Day Fix on Monday since I knew it would be easier to do on the “go”.
Here are my starting measurements. Mental note: I shouldn’t have drank so much the last half of last week or eaten that California burrito and chips & salsa last night. I tend to have the mind set, “Diet starts on Monday. Balls to the wall til Sunday at midnight?”
Hey just cuz I’m a coach doesn’t mean I don’t suffer from the same mind set, distractions & struggles as the rest of you!
I knew going in, that this was going to be a challenge, as I am a junk food junkie when it comes to road trips. Normally, on a trip, I think nothing of purchasing junk food at EACH “pit stop”. The typical purchase consists of jerky and/or Haribo Gummi Bears, Icee’s and popcorn. But I am committed and reaching my goals is important so I PREPARED and PLANNED ahead.
I ate every meal on the go. Even sat and watched Ryan eat a hamburger and french fries, then a steak and fries and handfuls of M&M’s!
The only “cheat” I had was a Frappucino at 11 a.m. It’s what helped me get thru driving from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
I couldn’t be more proud of Rebel. He was such a trooper. We stopped about 5 times for potty breaks, to feed him and Ryan and to get fuel, but he was basically stuck in the truck from 11 a.m. Tuesday until we got to Idaho and stayed the night in Idaho Falls LATE Wednesday night. He slept from 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. while we drove straight thru New Mexico to Utah. He watched his movies and played on the iPad. We even brushed teeth in parking lots!
– flashbacks from when I made the 24 hour trek from NorCal to Texas with Haylie back in 2001 with everything we owned crammed in a U-Haulfleeing from my bad past, looking for a new beginning, just to mess up a new life again and now I am starting all over again on a new life determined to NOT make the same mistakes again and knowing that I WON’T because I am no longer that same scared, foolish girl who runs and hides from her problems.
– I am not sure if I am more sore from sitting for 12 hours or I am just feeling the effects from Monday’s Day 1 of 21 Day Fix.
– I am appreciative of my husband who drove straight thru from Arizona to home a few weeks ago just because he wanted to be home with me and not gone a second longer.
– We have an amazing little boy. He only complained once about his back hurting, but has sit perfectly and is now sleeping as peaceful as can be in the back of the truck that he has been riding in since 11 a.m. yesterday morning.
– I am thankful that despite many, many ups and downs and many hiccups in our 8 year relationship, my husband wants me with him at all times and after being cooped up in this truck together for 14 hours, we have not run out of things to say or had a single disagreement. I know that I am truly lucky to have married my best friend.
* I am once again ever thankful for the opportunity I now have to be able to work from “home” or from a truck, driving across 6 states and that Rebel and I don’t have to be separated from Ryan. As we drove by my old work this morning, I couldn’t help but think about how if I was still stuck working 8-5 everyday I would have only been thankful that I got to sleep in a little bit longer today because school started late due to an “ice day”.
– I am a pretty bad ass wife. How many guys can fork over their truck and sleep while their wife drives in the middle of the night with an almost 30k lb. load?
March 5, 2014
Rebel had fun when we stopped in for a little bit at the Hole N’ The Rock.
I endured a dinner at a Brazilian Steakhouse (my favorite) and remained strong and noshed on salad and grilled shrimp while I watched Ryan and Rebel eat meat after meat that was carved in front of my face.
March 6, 2014
We all crashed shortly after we got to the hotel around 11 p.m. in Idaho Falls and slept in until 9:30.
Rebel was so happy. As soon as we walked into the hotel he said “Yay! A bed!!!”
I missed my workout on Wednesday since we were on the road the whole time, so went straight to the hotel gym to get my 30 minute workout in. The disc still wouldn’t play in my laptop so I did Eccentric Lower instead of Lower Fix. I have noticed that now that I have been eating 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 30% fat I can now power thru my workouts with out getting fatigued because my diet now supports my energy levels which means I can power thru workouts a whole lot easier than normal.
We hit the road as soon as I showered and then stopped in Boise to get new tires on the Dodge and did a little shopping while we waited. To be able to not have to ask or worry how much Ryan Hord just spent for the first time in 8 years – PRICELESS! I’m proud to say we’re no longer a statistic, living paycheck to paycheck. Thank you Beachbody!!!!
I stayed on track again all day, “diet” wise. Come dinner time, our options were Carl’s Jr., A&W Restaurants, KFC or Denny’s! I had one red & 2 greens left. Had to order off the seniors menu but found grilled chicken & steamed veggies and got my last containers in for the day – 2 greens and 1 red! SCORE.